Santiago Atitlan, Guatemala | June 21 – 29, 2014
Arrive at the Guatemala City airport on Saturday, June 2st. You’ll be met by a friendly driver and driven to the beautiful colonial city of La Anitgua to settle into your room, rest up, and begin meeting your fellow travelers. That evening, along with other Design4Kids participants, you’ll attend a welcome dinner hosted by Nancy McGirr of Fotokids. The real fun begins Sunday morning when we’ll board a coach and travel to Lake Atitlan where we will meet the students and begin getting to know each other.
Monday 6/23 through Saturday 6/28 will be a mix of class and project time, as we introduce the students to new ideas and support them in tackling a design problem for a Lake Atitlan community service organization. One day in the middle of the week we’ll take a break for a guided cultural tour to a nearby town and some creative exploration.
As a mentor, your presence is always appreciated during all class and project work, but you will be given ample time between classes and during project work to explore Antigua, and just relax. It’s your vacation, we want you to enjoy it.
Cost of Participation: $1,600
Your fee funds lodging, meals, and ground transportation for you, and the students; plus it contributes to the ongoing work of Fotokids. Airfare is not included in the fee.
Included in the cost of participation are:
- Ground transportation: Guatemala City Airport to La Antigua, Antigua to Santiago Atitlan (Sunday 6/22), Santiago Atitlan to Guatemala City Airport (Sunday 6/29).
- 1 night lodging in La Antigua, Saturday 6/21
- 7 nights lodging accommodations in Santiago Atitlan
- Welcome Dinner on Saturday, 6/21 (lunch is on your own the day of arrival).
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and beverages (alcohol is on your own) Sunday noon 6/22 through Sunday morning 6/29 (breakfast on Sunday 6/22 is on your own).
- Cultural excursion with students, fellow mentors, and a guide
- Closing Night Dinner Party
- Exclusive, custom designed, Design4Kids 10 Collector’s T-Shirt.
To get started on your Design4Kids Adventure, telephone founder and director Jeff Speigner at 206-331-1960, or write to us at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you soon.